The Reason for this Blog

People need to reflect on themselves sometimes on what is important to them. I am a 21-year old-something in a 3-year relationship with a 26-year old-something. Well, 5 years is an okay age gap for the both of us. In the early days of our courtship, he used to joke about how 5 is such a magical number, because beyond that, he would have to reconsider courting someone beyond five years his junior.

Back when I still had pimples and both of us could still fit in our old uniforms



Like all relationships, ours was a struggle. I honestly didn't think that entering into a relationship required a long list of essentials. Of course, I thought wrong and I only realized that I wasn't ready for a relationship when I started after spending a long time being in one. He was more experienced than I am when it came to the latter. After being told that the guy had already dated nine ex-girlfriends, you would think that this wasn't a guy worth trusting right? But in truth, it was I who jumped in without evaluating myself first if I was ready for such a feat, and both of us went through ridiculously bumpy roads because of that.

I'm writing this blog to address the current issues that I am facing at the moment. From my religious and belief-related dilemmas, my struggle in finishing my undergraduate degree, my relationships with other people inclusive of my friends, my family, myself and of course, with him.

My parents around 18 years ago or so


My brothers and I back at our old house

I write that in hopes that one day, people might learn from my experiences and my mistakes and use it to guide their own growth in this ever-confusing world we live in.

Comments

Popular Posts